Weight Loss Journey – Keep Me Accountable 6-29-2017
Hi to everyone. I got a little off track in posting about how I’m doing on my weight loss journey. I am still with it, staying on track with that and still losing.
I’m averaging a 1-1/2 to 2 pound weight loss every week and sometimes a little more.
The main thing is that I’m not gaining anything. It keeps coming off and I’m down a full 26 pound loss since I
started my Weight Loss Journey and I’m still having fun with it.
As I mentioned in my video above, I really believe using the Weight Watcher’s online points tracking system is behind my success in losing the weight this time.
I’ve always said if I had someone to make the decisions for me, I’d only eat what’s put in front of me. Well, the WW point system is sort of like that.
All you have to do is type in what you want to eat, check your points, let the software keep track and you’re good to go.
If you decide to take part in the new points system, don’t do like I did one day. I somehow got on another day and ended up adding two days worth of points on the same day. What a mess that was to straighten out. It wasn’t really that bad, since I pretty much have a menu that I like and it doesn’t vary too much but it was a shock to see the points doubled on that one day.
The best advice I can give anybody who is starting on a weight loss program is to:
- Psych yourself up that you are going to do this.
- You are going to feel better even after that first five pounds are gone.
- You are doing this for yourself and no one else, although you may have reasons such as my goal is to lose 30 to 40 pounds by the end of August for my daughters wedding. I’m not doing it for her, although she’s happy about it, I’m doing it for “me.”
- There are going to be times when you slip or make a mistake or just plain give in to eating something you shouldn’t. It doesn’t mean you’ve failed. It just means, you will start again new the next day and forget about the mess up.
- I’ve found for me that the best thing I decided to do was to make it public that I was going to lose the weight. It makes me think twice about having something I shouldn’t eat. Again, I emphasize the importance of not doing this for others but for yourself and what works for you.
Surprisingly enough, there are so many different kinds of food that you can still eat on this weight loss program.
For example, even though I’m on a diet, I still have to have my snacks. The key is to find snacks that will satisfy your hunger but still stay within your points.
Instead of regular potato chips, I found “Quaker Popped Rice Crisp Snacks, Gluten Free, Cheddar Cheese” and I absolutely love these. They aren’t like the normal “rice cakes” you used to see that looked like hockey pucks and tasted like cardboard. These are actually very good. There are quite a few different flavors but I really only like the cheddar cheese flavor.
They are about the size of silver dollar coins and you can have 18 of these with very little points.
Another thing I couldn’t seem to bear the thought of giving up was my cappuccino in the mornings. I was using a 16 ounce coffee cup and drinking two of those each morning and sometimes one in the afternoon. That was a lot of calories and carbs.
So what I did was to start using my 8 ounce coffee cup that got from Ezine Articles and that cut everything in half, so I could still have my cappuccino.
This was still just a little high in points but I could still have it. I started looking to see if there was an alternative and found Hills Bros. Sugar-free Double Mocha Cappuccino.
This brand tastes just as good and they also have different flavors in regular and sugar-free.
So, do you now see why I’m not having much of a problem with this diet? I can still have some of my favorite things and I don’t feel like I’m being deprived or starved from my favorite things.
I already shared some other cool food that you probably wouldn’t think about in one of my earlier posts. My earlier post was Weight Loss Journey – Keep Me Accountable 5/18/2017.
Hey, do you know anyone who could benefit from what I’ve shared here?
Share it with them and I appreciate the time you took to read my rambling on about my weight loss journey.