Weight Loss Journey
I’ll be the first to admit that I have not always taken care of myself like I should. I like food and I eat pretty much what I want. I’ve always had problems with my weight but it really got out of hand after I quit smoking. So join in with me or follow me as I start this “Weight Loss Journey.”
In the past when I would try to lose weight, I really wouldn’t tell anyone about it. That way if I messed up or just stopped all together, I didn’t have to be accountable to anyone but myself and that guilt feeling would go away pretty quickly with a bowl of ice cream or chips.
This time it’s going to be different. I have a few reasons that I am going to put this out in the public.
- Hold myself accountable for staying on my “Weight Loss Journey.”
- I am so sick and tired of being in pain, sick and tired all of the time.
- I look at other people and wonder if they feel like I do or are they okay with it? I decided if they were okay with the extra weight, then I could be okay with it too. That’s just wrong.
- My daughter is getting married at the end of August 2017. I may not be down to my total goal of weight loss by that time but I ‘WILL’ weigh less than I do now; for her and myself.
- I have two wonderful grandchildren that I want to be around to see them grow up, marry and have children or whatever they decide to do in life. My granddaughter wants to be a veterinarian and I’m sure my grandson wants to play professional baseball. I want to be there for both of those events.
So my blog is going to take a bit of a different turn for a while as I start my “Weight Loss Journey” and I am also challenging myself to do Facebook Live videos each day with my progress.
As I mentioned before, I used to be a smoker and smoked for about 40 years. One day 6-1/2 years ago, I was given a choice of not knowing where I would be living or give up smoking and live in a beautiful house, in a gated community with my second mom. Well, that was a “no-brainer.”
I sort of surprised myself that I quit smoking December 15, 2010 at 11am in the morning and I haven’t gone back. I did buy a couple of the throw away e-cigarettes in the last 6-1/2 years but I didn’t really use them at all. I just had them there in case I got a little weak and thought about smoking again.
So I do have the willpower needed. It just has to be a decision made in my own time and for my own reasons and that time is “NOW.”
Stay tuned for tomorrow when I will be doing my first Facebook Live video. I’m not a fan of doing videos but I think this time it is important for many reasons. I’m not sure yet what time I will go live but you can always catch the replay or the re-run of “The Monna Ellithorpe Show.”
Please share this and tell all your friends and associates, so you can keep me accountable for my “Weight Loss Journey” over the next “XX” months.
Have you had similar problems with your weight in the past?
Share your story in the comments section below and let me know how you did it.
What worked for you?