The Guru Who Ignored Me
The Guru Who Ignored Me
I’ve been following this particular affiliate marketer for about 10 or 12 years online (one of my first mentors). From time to time I have emailed her with a question and she always replied within a few days. I always reminded myself, “I want to be like her and make sure I keep in contact with my followers.” Well today I felt like this person became “The Guru Who Ignored Me.”
I’m still giving her the benefit of the doubt that maybe she is very busy and will answer me as a friend as she always had in the past. The response I received from her was an obvious automated response that said:
“Due to the very large volume of emails I receive, please go to my help desk at xxxxxxxxxx.com for help and product support.
Thank you so much for your understanding!
I didn’t need help for a product or support with one of her products, I just had a simple question about a new product she was recommending.
Maybe I am making too much of a big deal about it but my feelings were hurt by this person who always seemed to make a conscious effort to respond to my questions in the past (which have not been excessive; maybe 2 to 3 in the last 10 to 12 years). I believe I would rather have not received any response at all than to receive the “canned response” I got.
So today I am now saying, “I DO NOT want to be like her and ignore my followers.”
This turned out to be a little ranting and venting on my part, but I would truly like to know what would be your answers to the following questions:
1. Am I being too judgmental?
2. Should I have just let it go without feeling hurt?
3. Would you have rather received nothing as opposed to a canned response?
4. Am I just being a “Brat?”
Answer completely and honestly. I’m a big girl, I can take it. LOL
I really hate to stop following her but I wonder if she is now one of those that I consider who has “crossed over that line.”
Just as Doctors, I believe they start out with the right intentions and wanting to help people but somewhere along the line they become jaded and money turns their heads and they no longer care to tend to or associate with the people who helped them get where they are today.
I would really, really like to see a meaningful discussion in the comments section about this. Tell me what you think and share with your associates and social sites.
- How To Work With IBOToolbox Effectively Each Day - December 21, 2016
- 9 Steps To Gain Control Of Your Business - November 27, 2016
- Weekly Writing Prompt 11-23-2016 - November 23, 2016
- Do You Know Who I Am? - November 9, 2016
- Weekly Creative Writing Prompt 9-23-2016 - September 23, 2016
- Whats A Bullet Journal and Why It Will Help You - September 21, 2016
- Weekly Writing Prompt 9-14-2016 - September 14, 2016
- Weekly Writing Prompt 9-6-2016 - September 6, 2016
- The Benefits of Writing Prompts - September 4, 2016
- Thank You To My Loyal Readers - September 3, 2016
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!