Consistency in Writing And Blogging
Hi everyone. it’s been a month since I made a post on my blog. Shame on me. I’ve done pretty good at keeping up and posting consistently each week until the end of March 2016 but I won’t bore you with details, just know that I’m trying to work my way back to what I love to do online.
Have you noticed I’ve changed the look of my blog again? As a woman, I compare this to the need to rearrange my furniture in my house every now and then. LOL My Dad hated when I moved furniture when I was growing up and so did my husband. That never seemed to stop me though.
Okay, here’s my post and it will be a little bit of rambling on what I’ve been up in terms of content to help you in your writing and marketing, etc.
1. This one month’s break does prove that if you are not consistent with engagement with people and posting to your blog, then you will lose exposure and visitors to your site. There’s nothing new for them to read or learn, so they stop coming.
2. You can finally get a book done that you have been working on little by little. I decided to make it available as a PDF version first before the Kindle version comes out and then it will be released in paperback later on. I had forgotten the feeling of accomplishment that you have when you hit that “Publish” button on the Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing site. http://monnaellithorpe.com/new-kindle-book-soon-to-be-released
3. Love testing out new products and software for review. I’m looking forward to telling you about what I’ve found. Of course some were shared with me but I always like to give my own opinions, one way or the other about how something works or doesn’t work.
4. We are getting closer to the time that Alicia Osmera will have her first book published. It’s been great working with her and getting it ready to go. I find great joy in also seeing the excitement when I help new authors publish their first book.
5. Can you believe it? PAC (The Power Affiliate Club) is coming up on its 2-year anniversary in just a few days. We are running a 2-year anniversary contest and you could win free advertising. The contest runs from May 1, 2016 to May 31, 2016. https://www.facebook.com/groups/pbac.community/permalink/565092066985937/ Be sure to read the rules of the contest. If you are not already a member of PAC, better check it out soon.
6. I’ve decided to reactivate the Facebook group; Create Yourself Through Writing and Marketing. https://www.facebook.com/groups/CreateYourselfWritingWorkshop/ Join us in the group and start sharing your writing and get feedback and opinions from the other members.
Be aware that you might see some more changes on the blog until I decide on the theme I want to use. I welcome any suggestions or ideas you might have. Tell me what you think about the theme and its look at the time you are visiting.
Did you know there is a book called “Think and Grow Rich for Women by Sharon Lechter?” I didn’t know it and I grabbed my copy of it as soon as I saw it. It’s available in Kindle, Hardcover, Paperback, Audible and MP3 CD.
I’m sure you are familiar with the original book “Think and Grow Rich” by Napolean Hill. If not, you should read it. I’ve read the original off and on for years but never have made it all of the way through until finished.
Mr. Hill wrote the original, obviously from a man’s point of view and while men and woman both can benefit from the original, Think and Grow Rich for Women is written from a women’s perspective to wealth-building from a modern standpoint for women. I think this book is long overdue.
I’m finding a tremendous amount of new information and inspiration from Sharon’s book. If you decide to purchase the book, I’d love to hear your thoughts about it and did it help you any?
Thank you for reading and appreciate the sharing if you found value in this post.