Biz Lady Journal – April 8, 2013
Well it’s been quite a few days since I have updated my blog. Mostly due to neck and back problems putting me down and playing catch up when I can get back on line. Seeing my chiropractor now, so should be okay for a while now.
Completed Projects Today:
- Completed daily checks of email, sites and programs.
- Hootsuite Tweets are scheduled for the day (although later than usual).
- Inbox Dollars email done. I may receive a few more during the day.
- The other day I did make a short video for my Squidoo lens; How to Make a Mini Scrapbook Album – Not a whole lot of views so far but again, being off line and out of commission does tend to let the momentum die down or in other words; “Out of sight, out of mind.” One day things will pretty much stay at an even keel when I get things running and they have been running on their own for a while.
- As I have mentioned in an earlier post, I am making myself learn how to use Evernote. I am beginning to see how valuable this tool is when you work online. Although I am still not totally comfortable with using it yet, that will come in time. The search feature has come in handy many times since I’m learning and sometimes forget where I have filed something. The main thing is to absolutely remember to put in keywords or tags when you are saving, so you will be able to find it by searching those keywords or tags even if you cannot remember where you saved it.
- Remember a while back I mentioned about purchasing an Alphasmart 3000? Well that is working out great too. I work with it at night before going to sleep and then I can transfer the notes directly into; now get this… Into Evernote. I had no idea the two would be compatible. A word of advice though, when you are transferring data to your computer BE CAREFUL what program you have on screen. I just assumed once I started the transfer I could go ahead and work on something else. NOT>>>. The transferring data started printing out in a Skype window. You have never seen anyone unplug something as fast as I did and then delete the Skype message. Yep, you got it, when I had hit the enter key in the Alphasmart 3000, it hit enter while transferring and therefore my personal journal went live on Skype for a few seconds. I am just so relieved that it was in a room that was not active at the time and more than likely no one saw it. At least I’m telling myself that. No one saw it; No one saw it!
- I am also learning to work with the plugin for WordPress called Wishlist where you can set up a membership site. This is for the Social Pro Revolution group on Facebook that teaches social media branding and list building by Dave D. Williamson. We don’t have everything set up yet but it is coming along. So many people have joined our group in the last few weeks and are learning so much about branding and building relationships. Take some time to check it out. I promise you won’t be sorry.
- Per Doctor’s orders, I’m taking it easy tonight and closing up shop and will read for a while before going to sleep.
I hope everyone has a great evening.
Be Sure to Share my “Biz Lady Journal” with your friends and associates in your social communities and leave a comment to let me know you were here. Thank you
Wishing great success to each and every one of you.